Sunday, August 20, 2006

the weekend roundup

I am a happy, happy girl today. One of my all-time favorite TV shows, Stargate SG1, is finally available on iTunes. I was not happy about having to miss a good chunk of Season 9, and now they're already into Season 10. Not that I expect anyone else to sympathize with me, except for maybe my dad...and possibly my mom, since I got her hooked on the show while I was living at home. But it's SciFi, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to understand this obsession. But then again, I don't get the obsession with Big Brother here-- which thank god, is over for now, until whenever the next one begins. I've gotten a bit tired of hearing the nurses gossip about all the contrived twists and turns, such as dividing the housemates into prisoners and wardens (huh?) and putting people back in the house who'd already been ejected by popular vote. Sorry that's totally by the bye, I'm not a fan of reality TV in general. But anyway, I can now catch up on what's happened in season 10 of SG1 (I've watched the first episode today, and I guess I missed some stuff from the end of season 9 unfortunately), and the episodes will be available on iTunes as they air in the States. Woooohoooo!

Let's see, I got an email back from Homerton Hospital Trust, saying that basically I've not been shortlisted- I'll have to call them up to find out why. I'm guessing it has to do with my current job not being at risk, because I was definitely qualified for this post. But apparently the London Trusts in particular are now prioritizing very specifically...first they look at applicants from their own Trust, then London area OTs whose jobs are "at risk" (meaning they will most likely lose their jobs as the Trusts continue to look for ways to balance huge deficits), and then they'll look at other OTs.

I finally saw V for Vendetta. Maybe because I'd heard so much hype about it before seeing it, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. A very clever, intelligent flick though, and very entertaining. And definitely not predictable! Bit of a Gotham spin on London, though.

It's been a busy weekend, I'm having trouble remembering what all I've done, so I'll probably be back with more later. But for now, I need to make some phone calls, and start my packing I think...only 4 days now till sarajevo!!

No comments: