Thursday, August 03, 2006

the NI nutters

Some of you may remember an entry I posted awhile ago about what's been happening with my application for an NI number. If not, to summarize, I initially applied for it in my first week here at Whipps, at end of February. In April or early May, I can't remember which, the Head OT sent me an email stating that I needed to fill out a new application...my original application had been cancelled because they changed some law or other, and as a result there was a new form. (Funnily enough, the new form looked exactly like the old one to me.) Again, I filled it out immediately, and turned it back in the following day. About 3 weeks ago, the HR guy sent me an email asking me to bring in my passport, because the NI people were missing some information- something specifically related to my entry clearance visa. Basically, after filling in the application form, everything is taken care of between HR and the NI people. However, I received a letter a week ago stating they were missing information, and was told not to worry about it by HR, because it probably just referred to the passport info, which they had already sent along to NI. Well, this week I've received a letter stating my application has been denied because they never received the information they'd requested (meanwhile I never had a phone call or letter asking for info, they went to HR instead, but now for some reason are writing directly to me). So it has taken them almost 6 months to process my application overall (between the first and second applications), but they only waited one week for additional information (which had been sent), before sending off a short, sorry, your application has been denied letter. Ragghrghhh! I've passed off the letter to HR, and intend to let them sort it out. I can't do anything but laugh.

(PS- An NI number is akin to social security number as I understand it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison J! Miss you lots but talk to you soon!