Thursday, August 24, 2006

Goodbye Summer :(

It's another gray and rainy day in the urban sprawl of London. Looks like it's sunny and about 80 degrees in Sarajevo, cooler this weekend- still sunny but low 70s, and then on Sunday we take off for Turkey and temps in the 90s!!

You know, I need to start asking around whether fall actually happens here...does it just go from summer to rainy and chilly weather, or do they have crisp mornings that open up into warm, sunny fall afternoons?? Do the leaves turn beautiful colors? I have heard that on occasion they have an "Indian Summer" along about October or November, but not often.

Anyway, I'm off to do a last check of things, have some brekkie (breakfast), and head for the tube. Unfortunately, it takes me about 2 hours to get from here to Heathrow, and I want to leave extra time, given all the recent upgradings of security measures. To those of you heading to the lake, have a great time, can't believe the season is over already! Take the motor boat out for a spin for me--I'll be thinking of y'all on Labor Day Weekend. And to the rest of you, talk to you in September! Lots of love, Allison

No comments: