Wednesday, August 09, 2006

"Everyone knows i'm in over my head, over my head..."

What a day! Annette, star that she is, had a patient this afternoon and had my student observe for half an hour so I could rush off to the hospital's library, and I think I've found an article that will help a lot! And I was also able to sign up for databases online, so I should be able to access them from home tomorrow. Yes (sheepish look), I'm pulling a sickie...there's no way I can get this presentation together in time unless I do, and as Angelica pointed out, it's more believable if I take two days instead of just one anyway ;)

So what am I doing?! Depending upon the experience of the other candidates, it seems like I'll probably be a long shot for this job, with my limited previous neuro experience (no specifically neuro rotation on my resume) and only 15 months of clinical practice. However, you never know- there's no harm in shooting for the stars, and it should be an unbelievable learning experience were I to get it- and if I don't get it, this whole interview process will have been good training for any others I might be invited for, and I'll have a flashy power point presentation to wow other interviewers who haven't even requested it.

No comments: