Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's a funny old world

How unbelievably coincidental last night, I'd just finished posting about that article on happiness and Nicole starting messaging me to tell me they were back, and oh yeah, by the way, also engaged! It was really funny, actually, Tufts Nicole had started to message me when flatmate Nicole walked into the room wanting to borrow my Muppets dvds because Dave has injured his knees and she wanted to bring the dvds to him today (she has the day off)...I looked back at the computer screen to tell Tufts Nicole to give me a minute when I saw she'd been typing away like mad while I was talking to flatmate Nicole, and my eyes picked up the word "engaged" in capital letters. Needless to say, it ended up being flatmate Nicole I told to give me a couple of minutes.

On a different note (can't ever write that without thinking of my a cappella group because that was our name, think I'll dig out our CD tonight), I just have to say I love ebay. For whatever reason (I have no luck with computers), my laptop battery completely died when I'd only owned the silly thing for about a year. I found a replacement original Dell battery on ebay on Monday night, it was sent Royal Mail first class yesterday, and arrived first thing this morning before I left for work. I left it charging away...oh, and no, it's not one of the 4 million Dell batteries being recalled, my laptop will not be bursting into flame, thanks very much.

No comments: