Monday, August 14, 2006

Survey Says

So, I didn't get it. They had a total of 5 candidates, two of whom had the experience they were looking for...the manager told me they had one internal candidate, and they didn't even hire her. The person they did hire applied for a full time position a year ago, didn't get it, went and got more relevant experience elsewhere, and wanted to work for this specialized unit so badly she then applied for this post which is a locum/temporary position. So they were impressed by her dedication.

I got really great positive feedback though. They told me my power-point presentation was great, all the people present at the inteview thought it was very good, really professional, and couldn't believe I had put it together in two days. The whole panel also thought I had great body language-- they said I looked very relaxed, was definitely very engaged, good eye contact, etc. And they liked the fact that I was honest about my experience...the manager said she would have told me the only way I could have done better would have been to respond to questions based on my experience with that population, but that I had obviously done the best I possibly could without that experience to draw upon for the questions. She rounded it out by saying I was definitely "appointable," it was just that I didn't have the experience they wanted, and someone else did.

So all in all, I feel good about the whole thing-- except for the train fare, grrrr. The only thing I didn't plan ahead for, and now have to stay in London this weekend because of it. Oh well. It was a good effort, and a good confidence booster for future interviews which, cross your fingers, I will hopefully get. I did actually apply to one other post at a different Bristol hospital, so maybe they'll shortlist me there, who knows. And I just applied to one today for a different hospital in East London. Thanks to everyone who offered their encouragement and advice! We'll get 'em next time ;) Lots of Love, Allison

No comments: