Thursday, August 17, 2006

Too late, my time off was already approved!

6 days until sarajevo, 9 until turkey!! The head OT is back from her two and a half week holiday to Greece, and apparently isn't happy at all that my holiday request was granted, since my supervisor doesn't return from her term time break until Sept 5. But I don't feel guilty about it, I handed my slip in before she left, and if anything I'm grateful she didn't look it over before she left. Poor Annette had gone over to request Mon and Tues off, and said something about needing to have those days because while I'm gone, she can't take any time off, which is what set Barbara off about, well, who approved Allison's request? And good ole Annette told Barbara she didn't think it was fair that my request should not have been approved...OTs are constantly covering for those off on holiday, why should it be different for the day hospital, just because you have to walk two minutes to cross over to the day hospital from the main dept? Apparently Barbara tried to say that because I don't have kids, and with Ann off until Sept, I should not have been allowed a holiday until Ann was back. But as Annette pointed out to her, Ann doesn't have kids either (well, they're both grown up and out of the house). And plus, now that I think about it, I said to Barbara several months ago that I'd be requesting time off in August, and she didn't say, oh no, you can't have a week off then.

No comments: