Thursday, August 10, 2006

(Crashing sounds)

You know those sounds a kid will make when he's playing with his toy army airplanes and they crash in mid air and go spiraling down to earth, complete with explosion upon impact? Good, you hear them in your head? That's what happened when I attempted to give my presentation to Nicole not too long ago. I bombed. Stuttered, stumbled, stopped completely, found transitions that weren't smooth or as in the case of one transition, non-existant.

That's okay, though, I took tons of notes, and am a little over halfway through polishing the whole thing up. I've decided to write out my whole speech, because I think I'll be too nervous to remember all the comments I want to make as I give the presentation, and I don't have enough rehearsal time to get it all down pat without notes.

And since I think I've earned it, I'm going to go watch House on TV in about 15 minutes, tidy up the last few bits, pick out my outfit, and go to bed. Wish me luck. Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison: Tell them what you wrote and I have pasted.

I would love to have the learning opportunity that working in their facility would offer...I'm a good learner, a hard worker, dedicated to my patients and to my own practice.

Also, I believe if you have been practicing on friends, your presentation will be great.

Just passing through, Aunt Sue