Monday, August 14, 2006

Flight Delays

I've had an email from Nicole that they are stuck in Boston at the moment, due to all the recent terrorist stuff here in the UK. They were meant to fly back yesterday morning, but arrived at the airport to discover their flight had been cancelled. I suppose they could be in the air at this very moment, but I'm not really sure what difference a day will make- I wouldn't be surprised if it were cancelled again. We've been having a debate here this morning (the physios and I) about whether you'd be forced to give up an annual leave day for such a situation. I mean, it's not Nicole's fault that the flight was cancelled. And we have nothing better to do, so we're just entertaining ourselves with lots of silly banter. I have a new favorite phrase, Todd was describing his drive back from Windsor yesterday, and how on the motorway everyone was only going maybe 30 mph because "it was chucking down rain." ;) And I'm sitting here in my fleece with my hands wrapped around a mug of hot tea...in the middle of August.

No comments: