Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stress Ball (that's me)

I am pulling my hair out! If I could find a picture or clip art of some little cartoon guy literally ripping his hair out, I'd post it, and believe me I've looked. I excel in this kind of counterproductive, proscrastinatory (is that a word?) behavior when I'm under pressure and feel overwhelmed. Not a beneficial coping strategy at all, I know. I literally do feel out of my league, a small fish in a big pond...

A big thank you to Jenn for her pep talk earlier this afternoon via Google Chat, her faith in me and my abilities, and my determination and strength- would that I had her same faith in me! Isn't that always the way though...everyone else sees us as more than we believe we are. I'm just the only idiot who publishes it publicly on a blog, when everyone else keeps those thoughts private.

Basically I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew. I don't know how to impress these people with my skills, when I don't have the skills they're looking for...I would love to have the learning opportunity that working in their facility would offer, and I can try to show them that I'm a good learner, a hard worker, dedicated to my patients and to my own practice. But this presentation is going to be a disaster! I just don't know enough about brain injury patients, so my power point slide show is pretty generalized.

Okay, deep breath, grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. Especially contrasted with today's events (see below, though I know it's all over the news in the States as well). I'll get the job if I am supposed to, and I won't if I'm not.

No comments: