Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What's a little rain?

Today started with rain, then cleared up through the middle part of the day, but by the time the end of the day rolled around, we were in the middle of a spectacular, no-holds barred thunderstorm! There were some glorious really loud growls of thunder, lightning, it was raining cats and dogs, the whole works...and I mean, cats and dogs. The rain was drumming on the roof, there were rivers and lakes spontaneously appearing on the roads and sidewalks...yes, I did walk home in this. And of course I got the side-swipe splashes from passing cars, who really couldn't avoid doing it to me, couldn't avoid the lakes that had formed. I was soaked through within 2 minutes of walking out the door in spite of my umbrella- thankfully it was a warm rain, and once I was thoroughly drenched, I started thinking about the walks I used to purposefully take in the rain with childhood friends. All in all, it was a great walk home. And it was my first thunderstorm in the UK.

No comments: