Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Daydreaming about the great outdoors

You have a vague sense of guilt when you've been out the night before, because you realize you probably aren't going to give your patients 100%. Ok, maybe more than vague. I don't know if this is more so when you're working in healthcare, or if it's about the same as everyone else in other kinds of jobs, but hey, we're only human, and it's worth it so long as the night was good ;)

I've been thinking about the English countryside this morning. Largely because I spent so much time out in it this weekend, and now I'm stuck in the hospital for another week. We have not had all that much rain in the past couple of weeks, it's been hot and sticky at times, but mainly gorgeous! There is nothing like the English countryside anywhere else in the world, with its greenness, rivers, country cottages (many with thatched roofs, which I love), glorious tangles of gardens (some meticulously groomed, others an organized wildness), open fields, footpaths that wander through farms and bring you face to face with sheep or horses or cows, forests...I could go on and on. I feel very lucky to be here this summer, with the weather as good as it has been, and good friends to enjoy the country with.

No comments: