Friday, June 09, 2006

To drive, or not to drive

We only have three patients to see this morning, between three of us, and none of those patients have arrived yet. So I've got nothing but time to burn. So here's the question of the day:

I've discovered from Nicole Levesque that Rob arranged for her to be insured to drive their Mini Cooper on her American license for a year (you are allowed to drive in Britain on your American license for a year and then you have to take the British driving test). So, if I can get a car for £400 or so, and get insurance for my American license, should I do that? I'll have to sell it again in February I suppose when I'm not allowed to drive on my American license anymore, but it might be worth it. I do think that in general, if I'm taking one or more people with me on a trip, it would be much less expensive than public transportation. And I was told at one point when Rob came to visit me that it cost him about £16 in gas (sorry, petrol!) roundtrip, whereas when I went out to his town, it cost me about £22 roundtrip on the train- and that's not counting the additional 4 pounds for the tube to get to and from the train! Let's have a vote shall we? How many people think Allison should reclaim her freedom with a car? Comment here, or drop me an email or something!

Since I have been asked, I wanted to clarify, I am supporting both the US and England in the World Cup. I think my favorite player at the moment is Pete Crouch (England) for his little on-field victory dances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tough choice? Car?