Friday, June 02, 2006

Line-Dancing Anyone?

Ah, if only I knew how. I charged up my Ipod last night, and was jammin to my country mix this morning as I power-walked to the hospital. Well, I power-walked until ran into one of the nurses about halfway through, at which point I had to slow down to her pace and turn off my music. But it was great fun up until that point, with "Goodbye Earl" (Dixie Chicks- their new album is great by the way) and "When the Sun Goes Down" (Kenny Chesney) which made me daydream about Vermont - not too long away! I came out from a private room and assessment of a patient to hear "It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere" (Jimmy Buffett & Alan Jackson) followed by "Devil Went Down to Georgia" on the Whipps Cross radio station. What a great OT activity it would have been if I could have gotten up all the patients sitting in their chairs in the lounge for a little country line dancing!! As it was, my made up steps amused the couple of nurses around the main desk.

No comments: