Thursday, June 08, 2006

*Blush*

It's a long story, but the music on my Ipod doesn't match the music on my Itunes. (In a nutshell it's because my computer crashed maybe 9 months ago, and the Ipod was loaded up pre-crash.) So I haven't made full use of my Ipod, because I don't want to erase what's on it, and that's the only way I can get the music I now have on Itunes onto the Ipod (there is always a prompt when I charge my Ipod as to whether I want to replace the content that is on it with my Itunes library). Anyway, the last week and half or so, I've been using my Ipod for my walks instead of my little sports radio, and have been enjoying the old mixes...although there are times where I'm going, what the hell was I thinking putting that on here?

I tried out the playlist labelled "Mellow" this afternoon, and was pleasantly surprised with some Damien Rice, Five for Fighting, Dave Matthews Band, and lots lots more. Then Des'ree came on with "You Gotta Be" and it really struck a chord, sort of struck me as my theme song for the moment...so I'm mouthing the words and bouncing along the sidewalk, probably looking like a fool, but who cares! And next up was Earth, Wind and Fire "September"- I definitely got swept up in the music, because next thing I know I am actually singing out loud on the High Road in Leytonstone, "Ba-de-ya, say do you remember, ba-de-ya, dancing in september, ba-de-ya, never was a cloudy day." And I realize this because this guy is grinning at me, talking at me: "Yeah, girl, get your groove on!"

No comments: