Monday, June 05, 2006

It's one of those days where you just want to go THBBBPPPT!

I arrived at work this morning, having spent a good portion of my walk rubbing at my eyes. I figured it was due to being exhausted, but started to realize I was mainly just rubbing at my left eye, and something in there felt really uncomfortable. I resolved to put some re-wetting fluid on at work, only when I got there, I pulled out my contact first and discovered it had almost completely ripped in half. I don't know why that happened, I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that when I first put it in this morning. And as I have never ever had that happen to me before in my 10+ year history of wearing contacts, I had no backup plan. I didn't have an extra contact, I didn't have a pair of glasses with me. So after developing a massive headache through the course of the morning with one contact in and one out, my coworker Annette took pity on me and drove me home for my glasses at lunch.

It's pretty much been a grueling Monday, not due to the workload-I ended up having my standard one hour of nothing to do at the end of the day-just because, really. I wish I were back in schooldays I think, carefree, no work during the summers, just fun to be had until the boredom set in just in time to get excited for going back to school and seeing everyone again.

No comments: