Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday in the park

I went for a run this afternoon, my first run in a long while, and I realized just how out of shape I have let myself become :( The good news being, just a little ways down my road, I discovered a series of parks, one had a couple of footie pitches I could see in the distance where games were being played, and as I went a little further there was a nice pond as well, and then more park beyond that. Not groomed park, more like open spaces with wild grasses, and footpaths to explore. So I came home, cooled down in the shower, grabbed a blanket, a book, half a bottle of wine and some food, and spent some lovely, lazy hours by the pond this afternoon/evening. I can't believe it's still light out at 9 o'clock, although we're not too far away from the longest day of the year, so I'm trying to enjoy it while we've got it!

Today is the start of Tressa's graduation bonanza, for lack of being able to think of a better word right now...they're probably just finishing up the baccalaureate, then tomorrow is the "hooding" and Tuesday is the actual graduation ceremony. Congratulations, Tress, I know how hard you've worked, all the mental and physical strain. But you've finished, you've earned that degree, and I'm so proud of you!! Wish I could be there now, but we will celebrate in VT and Hawaii. In case Mom and Dad have forgotten to tell you about why I chose those earrings for your gift- jade is good luck, and bamboo is good luck, so that's a lot of graduation good luck from me to you. As if you need it-- for someone who comes across as so laid back, you accomplish everything you set your mind to...Love ya!

No comments: