Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Decisions, decisions...

Man, neuroanatomy was hard enough the first time around, without the medicine head I had today from trying to alleviate my cold symptoms! Although I must say, I'm rather impressed with myself for the stuff I do remember. So far the training course is pretty good, with two good lecturers, and there are five of us there from Whipps. Unfortunately, I figured out today that Lizzie thinks the stroke unit is the only rotation left worth doing, so it's pretty certain I won't get it. Now it's just a matter of deciding whether to stay on for the adult inpatient rehab unit which gets the occasional stroke patient, try to find a job working with stroke patients at a different UK hospital that will sponsor me for a work visa, or just go home since I can do rehab there anyway at triple the salary. Won't make that decision until early September, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Good news- Maja and I have narrowed our August trip down to Bodrum on the Turkish coast. We're now choosing between four or five hotels, top of the line, with all inclusive packages (flight, hotel, food and drink). Sadly, I am limited by budget. And because our current plan calls for me to fly to Sarajevo so she can show me around her first and only love before we go to Turkey, the coast is all we can do. I can't afford the round trip flight to Sarajevo, plus go to Istanbul, plus hang out on the Turkish coast. Huh. Well, there's nothing for it but to do Istanbul on a separate trip! Maybe in October or something. Although I'm toying with going back to Italy then since that is wine-making season and the Florys will be back... decisions, decisions. Life is tough. (And in case it's not clear, that's sarcastic, I am so kidding.)

Here's some more pics from Paris. Eventually I'll have some to share from Jo's camera, I think she has all the ones of us together, but that won't be for awhile, not until after I'm back.

No comments: