Sunday, June 11, 2006

Almost forgot, vocab lesson!

Haven't done this in a while, so here are some new words for you (well, for those of you who haven't heard them before). A shandy, which I realized I did not define below, is half lemonade (sparkling lemonade, sort of like Sprite or 7UP) and half lager. And also, there's twee, a word I quite like. Near as I can describe it, it means quaint or picturesque...Kristy's sister Kelly likens it to "chocolate box Britain." So when you get out into beautiful countryside, and you see thatched houses or beautiful wild gardens along a riverside, or an old pub...any of the these could be called twee if you're thinking it looks like it's been lifted right out of a painting, or was the model for a little Lillyput Lane (David Lilly) collectible house.

Did I get that name right, by the way, for collectible houses? My mom collects these and I've bought them for her, so I should be able to come up with it instantly, but I can't concentrate cuz I feel like I'm melting. It has been in the 80's for the past couple of days, which yes, I know, isn't hot by NJ standards, but there is no AC here, and there's been very little breeze as well. I've been puddling all weekend long, and I can't spend all my time under a cold shower!

No comments: