Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's almost Friday, it's almost Friday, it's almost Friday

I think I'm going to get my butt kicked tomorrow...there will be one OT to cover all the acute medical wards, and two to cover the acute care of the elderly wards. Everyone else has been given the day off. Yes, I know, bad planning by the Head OT, but apparently she does this a lot. So I'm debating between just not answering the phone at all tomorrow, or taking the bull by the horns, and getting over to the main dept as soon as possible during the day to see how many wards urgently need OT services. Today has been really stressful with family members getting extremely involved and basically questioning my judgement and clinical skills, so I'm glad it's over.

I will just need to get through the day tomorrow, because then I'm off for Paris this weekend with Jo. We are taking the Eurostar rather than flying, which should be an adventure in itself. I've been told there's a huge difference between the rate of speed the train travels in Britain and in France. Something to do with the poor condition of the rails in Britain if I remember correctly? We're back Monday midday, but as we both took the day off, we'll probably do touristy stuff in London, and I've just now booked £10 tickets to see Avenue Q on Monday night! It's way up in the balcony, but I've wanted to see this show forever. The official opening isn't until Wednesday, which is why I was able to get the cheap tickets. I promise to have lots more pictures to entertain and delight next week.

Speaking of next week, I'm off Monday, will be at work on Tuesday, but then have a training course I'm attending Wednesday-Friday. Woohoo, only one day of work! And I fly home on Friday night, never to return...just kidding, but it's true, I won't be back in the UK until mid-July. I am really really really looking forward to Vermont and Hawaii. It's cheering me up at the moment as I've just checked the USA-Ghana score and the Americans are behind 2-1 :( Come on the red, white and blue, we're looking at elimination here!

No comments: