Saturday, April 01, 2006

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?

And what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide...

I saw an absolutely gorgeous rainbow, arching from the heavens earthward, on the bus back from Stratford shopping center. It's been a sunny, beautiful spring day, but it did rain some in the late afternoon. It left me wishing I could wrap myself up in it, or slide down it, or something. Moments of beauty are sometimes so fleeting and so far. It's hard not to wish those moments would last forever, but then I suppose we wouldn't appreciate them nearly so much as we do.

I had to laugh at myself this morning- I was at the gym, on the treadmill, completely enraptured by a cooking show :) The time flew by, and I know now how to make another very simple, yet delicious Italian meal.

I've had a long conversation with my parents, who are arriving to visit with me a week from tomorrow. They are bringing all kinds of things for me, bless. They'll spend three days in central London, two days closer to me, and we're all headed to Walworth Castle for Easter Weekend, where we will participate in a murder mystery weekend. Oh, and they told me we're all booked for Hawaii, yay!! So in July, I will go home to spend a week at Wissahickon (lakehouse in Vermont, I'm so happy, I thought I'd miss it this year) and a week in Hawaii. It's going to be absolute heaven!

No comments: