Saturday, April 22, 2006

Freedom on wheels

I thought not having a car would be a great thing...and it is. Even though you can get a used car pretty cheaply over here, there was no need for an initial chunk of money to buy a car. I don't have to worry about car insurance, car tax, car registration, paying for driving lessons and getting a British driver's license, or paying for petrol(gas). And that's a financially sound decision-not to have a car-as I am living in London with a great public transportation system where it is definitely possible to get around using the tube, buses, trains, or of course, my own feet. Not to mention the airports! Public transportation can have it's share of closures or delays which can be as bad as a standstill traffic jam, and it quite often takes me a couple of hours to get where I want to go, but still, I can get just about anywhere. However, I miss driving. I miss my car. I miss the independence of being able to take off and go wherever, whenever I want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Public transit is great...just watch out for daylight savings! Kidding. I miss you Greeky!