Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Smorgasbord

I have decided it's not really a good idea to have two meals out on the same day. Today was payday, which means it's also the day all the Basic Grade OTs spend only half a day on our rotations, and then get together to work on Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Except first we go out for a nice long lunch. This month we decided to try the lunch buffet at an Indian restaurant, which was very good. And then this evening, Nicole invited me along to dinner at a tapas restaurant literally 3 minutes down the road from our house, with all the staff from the stroke rehab unit (Nicole did a previous rotation on the unit). Even though I was still full from lunch, I went along to meet everyone and theoretically try to get my foot in the door, even though they won't have any say in who gets the next rotation on their unit. One of the dishes I tried was chorizo, which I was really happy with as it seemed authentic. (I don't like sausage over here, so I was worried it would be an Anglicanized chorizo.) I also had stuffed eggplant (called aubergine), and fried goat cheese, and it was all very good, and I didn't feel like I over-ate. However, given the current rumblings in my tummy, I've now decided that two meals out in one day, or perhaps the combination of Indian and tapas, is not a good idea...and it's funny, given that I don't eat out that much, or at least not as much as I did in the US, that this dinner just happened to be planned for the one day of the month that a big lunch was already scheduled.

No comments: