Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Small stuff, big stuff

I am ridiculously excited about my delivery this afternoon from Tesco. It's been rather annoying being limited to what I can carry in my backpack, when I go grocery shopping on my walk home from the hospital. Basically it means I have to stop in at the store almost every other day. I wish I weren't always cooking for one, which can be a bit frustrating, but my roommates and I eat at different times and/or generally don't eat the same things. However, I do love to cook, and find it's a good way to shake off any stress from the day. So I thought of several different meals I'd like to cook, and what staples I should have in my cupboard, plus with the imminent arrival of chocolate chips with my parents, I was thinking homemade chocolate chip cookies and even possibly peanut butter chocolate chip brownies from scratch, yum!- I put a list together and placed an internet order at Tesco. It's the small things in life that are the biggest happiness sometimes I think!

I am also looking forward to the arrival of my USB modem. There's been some drama at the house regarding sharing use of the internet, and I decided I'd rather just buy a second modem, eliminating the need to share the modem back and forth. Evenings are especially popular times for internet, for me personally because I can't make my broadband phonecalls to the US until 10pm or later here, due to the time difference. I sent out an email recently with a local phone number just for me (through Skype), and as of tonight, I should be available at that number every night - assuming I'm home of course!

And finally, my parents are arriving on Sunday! Should be good fun for them being back in England for the first time since they moved back to the US in 2000, and we are all looking forward to our weekend up near York for Easter weekend, which amazingly is only a week and a half away. It's a crying shame Tressa's spring break didn't match up. However, Jo will stand in for her at least one night next week, as she stayed at my parent's house for a weekend on a trip to the US a little over a year ago, and is eager to see them again.

No comments: