Monday, April 03, 2006

Strike one...

for yoga at my new gym that is. I'm fairly sore today, since I've thrown myself back into a gym routine, without making much concession for the fact that I haven't done much besides walk for a little over a month now, since I left NJ. Yesterday I decided to give the yoga class at my gym a try since it was listed as an hour and a half time block, which I thought was a good sign. Well, I don't know if it was a different kind of yoga than I'm used to or rather the teacher's choice of disjointed moves put together for a class (I'm thinking it's the latter), but it was very disappointing. I will definitely need to do some looking around for a proper Astanga/flow yoga class or studio. I'll try some of the other classes at the gym, but definitely no more yoga there!

I came home for a bit and watched the annual Oxford v Cambridge boat race on the Thames...Oxford beat Cambridge pretty handily, and I'm not sure it's any coincidence there were two Americans on the Oxford crew, and none on the Cambridge crew ;)

I went round Jo's in the evening because she had invited me for a Sunday roast. It was the first one she'd ever cooked, and I must say it turned out pretty well! She lives in Muswell Hill, which is a very posh area, and I must say I really liked what I saw (I had a 10 minute walk from the tube station to her place). Evidently stars live in the area, such as Hugh Grant. Jo lives in hospital accommodation, and the hospital is very old, but it's set in absolutely gorgeous grounds, and Jo has made her room pretty cozy. There was a lovely wooded area with lots of walking paths, and Jo told me there's a big playing field in the middle, restaurant/cafe, etc.

I'm on my own for the better part of the next two weeks at the day hospital, because my supervisor is a term time OT and so has the next two weeks off (schools are out for Easter holidays). Also the OTA is only in 2 days this week and 2 days next as she's taken some time off to be with her kids. I should actually have work to do!

No comments: