Monday, April 24, 2006

Homeless

http://wanderingscribe.blogspot.com/

I read an article about this blog on the BBC web site and had to go find the blog myself. This woman has been homeless-living out of her car- for about 8 months now. She evidently keeps up her appearance by taking showers and ironing her clothing in hospitals, and uses whatever benefit money she gets toward food and gas. She is incredibly articulate- a stark juxtaposition to what we perhaps stereotypically expect to find in a homeless person. Her blog is humbling (and that is an understatement), and challenges the rest of us to take a good, long hard look at what we take for granted every day.

Kristy, this made me think of that research proposal you did for Diana, and I've been musing on occupational deprivation, specifically as it relates to homelessness, as I've been sifting through this woman's blog.

No comments: