Thursday, April 20, 2006

Some good news in our family - Tressa has been offered a job! And it looks like she may very well take it. It's with a Catholic NGO, and she would do a year's fellowship in Rwanda first, after which they'd offer her a "proper" job, from what I understand. I think at this point we can call it a love affair with Africa!

I have had another slow afternoon, where I have actually run out of things to do to make myself busy. I found myself daydreaming about whether I'll want to buy a place out in Colorado with beautiful mountain vistas, or in NJ where most of my close friends and parents are, or perhaps a bit farther south on the ocean, such as North Carolina. Choices, choices! But that's getting way ahead of myself. At the moment, I'm trying to get coordinated with Maja (ex-roommate from Boston who is currently living in Sarajevo) for a vacation in late August-- my latest idea today is perhaps Morocco. And my friend from Tufts, Nicole, has finally had her work permit come through, so she'll be getting her flight to begin life in Guildford, Surrey weekend after this one. So congrats to Tressa and Nicole!!

No comments: