Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Belgium in London

It was still rather rainy and chilly when I met up with my parents after work, and my mom had been cold all day, so we did not end up doing the walk. We met up with Jo, and the four of us headed to Belgo near Covent Garden, a restaurant both Jo and I had heard other people talk about. It's in the basement, and it's supposed to be a Belgian monastery/brewery kind of atmosphere. The waiters all wear psuedo monk robes. The food was excellent, although none of us went for mussels which they are famous for. They had a ton of Belgian beer available, and I was happy to find they had Duvel, a Belgian beer a friend turned me on to when I was in Oxford. One of the very few beers I actually like. And after the kind of day I'd had, it was just what I needed. I didn't need the dessert, but it was delicious. I do plan to stop over-eating...umm, after Easter and my parents have gone back. Although I'm sure there will be another handy excuse at that point in time. Ah well.

Hey, just had a text from Jo who left us to go see The Crucible...I saw it maybe a week ago, and told her she would love it. She's texted to say it's absolutely gripping. I think the two of us will go see Avenue Q when it gets here, I've wanted to see that ever since it hit Broadway. I'd also entertained thoughts of getting my parents and I tickets to see Hay Fever for Thursday night, with Dame Judi Dench, but they're 62 pounds each.

No comments: