Saturday, April 01, 2006

Gerry girl

Today is my cat Gerry's birthday. Or at least, what I decided her birthday would be, given what her estimated age was when I adopted her from the shelter as a kitten. She is 7 years old, which I guess is middle age in cat years. Awww, my baby's all grown up. How I wish she could be with me, but given how traumatized she is by a 10 minute drive to the vets (lets just say there is always one or more messes to clean up), there's no way she could cross the ocean on a plane! I do miss her terribly, but luckily she's not prone to holding grudges as my Jackie was, so I know Gerry will be happy to see me next time I'm home :) There's a thumbnail picture of her at the bottom of my Flickr filmstrip on the right sidebar of this blog. Cutie! And just so you all know and we're all clear on the matter, black cats are good luck.

Happy first day of April to everyone-- if anyone has pulled off an April Fools joke, let me know, I don't think I've done that in years. Fill me in so I can live vicariously! I'm off to the gym for now.

No comments: