Friday, April 21, 2006

Movin right along, let's get this show on the highway...

I'm going to give this post by email thing a try, on another (surprise, surprise) slow afternoon. New happenings: travel! I've booked my flights for a short trip to Italy over Memorial Day Weekend, as the Monday is also a holiday here (although I don't know what the reason is for the British holiday). I've taken Friday off as well, to have a nice long weekend. My roommate has backed out out of the trip, so I invited the physio I work with...it's actually not a big deal if I go alone, since I'll be staying with the Florys, but I thought it'd be fun to bring someone else along. I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

I've also made plans with my friend Jo to return to Oxford for May Day...which is not this weekend but next. I've got that Monday off as well, so I'll go to Oxford for Sunday and Monday. Bright and early Monday morning with the sunrise, there are singers on the tower of a college that overlooks the Thames. Apparently university students who are still drunk from the night before will be jumping off the bridge into the river. And I plan on finally going to evensong at Christ Church the night before (meant to do that before leaving Oxford last time). I'm really looking forward to that as well, I loved being in Oxford, even though it was for a very short time.

Oh, and we also planned a trip to an amusement park near London for early June...I don't know if I'll spell it right, but from how Jo said it, I think it might be Thaught Park. She has a number of buy one get one free entrance coupons, so although it's not an exotic trip or anything, it should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison, I like the idea of going to a Thought Park , but it's actually "Thorpe Park." Doesn't sound quite so good uh?