Monday, March 27, 2006

To Live Alone or Not to Live Alone?

Both of my roommates were out and about this weekend, Nicole at her boyfriend's house for the weekend because of Sunday being Mother's Day (big family dinner with all the significant others from what I gather), and Leeanne with her new man. And it was my first quote unquote lonely weekend since arriving. I suppose that's pretty good, given that I've been here over a month now. But it gave me pause in that I think I'm prone to changing my mind about things given the current situation. In this case, I've been thinking ever since I got here that moving here has made me realize I'm ready to be a homeowner, or in any case, ready to live on my own. And yet, with the house all to myself this past weekend, I found myself feeling lonely rather than relieved, or queen of my domain, or what have you. How do we ever really know what we really want? Or maybe that's just me, given my personality. I did have some very nice conversations on Sunday, spoke briefly to my grandfather, had a long conversation with Kristy, and others, caught up with emails. In general, I had a pretty productive weekend as far as working at my To Do list, but somehow still seemed to have a lot of time on my hands. It was a disconcerting feeling, and I hate second-guessing myself, but there you go. I keep reminding myself not to be too hard on myself given that I am still adjusting to a new country, but I wish I would hurry up and adjust already!

No comments: