Saturday, March 25, 2006

On the pull

Last night Nicole and I were "on the pull" according to Nicole's boyfriend Dave. He texted her as we were getting ready to say he'd thought of a really great, sexy outfit for her to wear...sweats. "On the pull" is basically like saying on the prowl. You're out to meet people, dance, maybe get some phone numbers, etc. It was great, because I'd had one of those days where you're really loving being a woman, you know? On my walk home from the hospital it was sunny, several of my favorite songs were on the radio such as "Signs," "SOS," and of course Madonna's current women's power anthem "Sorry"- "I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know, Please don't say you're sorry, I've heard it all before, and I can take care of myself" I may as well have been on a dance floor on my walk home! I'm not explaining this very well, so anywho...We went out to a bar called Abacus in Bank, the financial district of London, and I must say you see some interesting behavior from people who have come out straight from work and are looking to forget the week, especially the women I'm sorry to say. Sometimes you wonder if people were able to watch themselves on video the day after a night out, would they'd think twice about letting loose the next time? The bar was great, really big, nice dance floor downstairs, and our bartender looked like Joaquin Phoenix. There were a lot of good-looking guys, in fact. The women were wearing all sorts of clothing, a lot of them in jeans, most of the guys were in suits, or at least shirt and pants. Sorry, trousers. (The word pants refers to underwear over here). I'm exhausted this morning, but for some reason couldn't sleep any longer...probably had something to do with being too hot, I had to come downstairs to turn the heat off.

On a different note, Virgin internet broadband account appears to be finally working! Leeanne has a wireless modem, so hopefully after today, we can both be on at the same time, anywhere in the house. There was in fact some sort of technical problem, which the BT engineer was able to sort out for us yesterday morning. It's all very exciting!

It has really warmed up quite a bit these past few days, I may have to give up on wearing a coat I get so warm on my walks to work. There have been some patches of rain, but for the most part, it's been pretty sunny as well. It must mean that the drought is getting even worse, for as much as I am enjoying the weather.

Plans for today...my HSBC debit and credit card arrived yesterday in the mail, so I am feeling more confident that my account is now definitely open. Which means I should have money in it as of Wednesday! So to celebrate, I'm going with Nicole to the gym today to sign up and maybe get my orientation/induction thing Nicole says they have to do. If I can go ahead and work out, I will. Otherwise, the sun is out yet again, so I think I'll go for a run. May not sound all that thrilling, but for as much as I love a night out, I love being productive and just chilling out on a weekend...sometimes more than going out I think ;) This week coming up I've got plans for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights, which makes me tired just thinking about it. But then I've got a three day weekend, so it's all good.

Tomorrow, or really this evening I guess, we turn the clocks forward here...last time I was in Europe for spring, I was in Stockholm with Kristy, and we had no idea about the time change, because it happens here about a week earlier than in the States. And with the news broadcasts all happening in Swedish, we had no idea. Unfortunately, it was my travel day, and that meant I missed my bus to the airport. So I spent an exhorbitant sum of money on a taxi because I couldn't miss my flight from Stockholm - I had to get back in time to catch the next flight with my friend Jo to Ireland! I don't think I'll ever miss the time change again.

No comments: