Wednesday, March 29, 2006

PayDay!

I checked my HSBC bank account this morning on the internet, and I have indeed been paid, and my account indeed is open! Hallelujah! However, as I have yet to receive the PIN for my debit card that they promised to mail under separate cover, I have no access to my British funds!! There is nothing to do at this point but laugh. It's a comedy of errors and non-existent customer service. I have Friday off, so I will have to once again journey to the bank, where they will probably tell me, oh sure, we'll issue that to you, it will arrive by mail within 7 working days. Arrrgghhh.

Had an email from my friend Nicole yesterday (Tufts Nicole, not roommate Nicole) who is hoping to arrive here in 2 weeks or so, though it depends on the arrival of her work permit which she needs to get her entry clearance visa. She told me her boyfriend has found them a flat, and is in the process of buying them a used mini Cooper-- she wrote to me, just wait till I start driving you around in that thing! I'm a bit nervous about that statement ;) J/K

No comments: