Saturday, March 25, 2006

Skype!

I became a member of Skype today, and as a result was able to have a free "phone call" although I guess they call it voice chat, for an hour with my parents. Are any of you Skype members? If so, let me know what your user name is, this is fantastic! I was pretty impressed with the quality, although obviously it wasn't perfect. The other great thing is that you can call landlines from your computer at really cheap rates! So now I don't have to worry about finding the best calling card or company over here with which to call the US...I'll just keep my Skype account charged! The download is free, any computer to computer voice chats are free, so if that's all you want to do, you don't pay any money. If you want to call landlines from your computer, as I probably will tomorrow for my grandpa's birthday, you just have to put some credit in your Skype account.

No comments: