Monday, July 17, 2006

Your Chauffeur, Madame

I did not end renting a car yesterday, but instead got Viv to come pick me up at the airport around noon. And I still can't believe all the stuff we mananged to do before my flight. We had a nice long lunch at a Thai restaurant in Hoboken, where I consumed most of the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc we'd bought since Viv had been partying the night before. As we made our way back to her car, Viv saw a storefront and dragged me across the street for a shoe sale. Between the wine, and Viv's bad influence ;) love ya Viv, I walked out with 2 pairs. Bargain, actually, when you convert it back into pounds, but I'm not supposed to be spending money on shopping! So then we raced back to the airport at 5pm where I had to hurry up and wait for the check-in counter to open up to get rid of my suitcase and get my boarding card. Then we sped off for Jersey Gardens (outlets) where we did not shop, but stepped into the blessedly cool Loews movie theater to watch Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest. It was really hot in NJ, and we are in for a heat wave here, but it's going to be even hotter in NJ this week apparently- I don't envy you guys! Wait a minute, I do...you're in the land of air conditioning! Lucky ducks. Anyway, we actually had to leave the movie about 15 minutes before the ending, to make sure I got to my gate on time, as the movie was two and a half hours long! Oops. Oh well- it was a crazy afternoon, but we laughed our butts off, and I don't even regret the pounding hangover I had by the time I boarded the plane. Two excedrin, a bottle of water, and half an hour later, it was all good. By the way, I saw Matador on the plane with Greg Kinnear and Pierce Brosnan...highly recommend it!

So I spent a grand total of an hour and a half at work today, since there was nothing for me to do, came home, took my customary three hour nap and am currently working hard to stay up until 11pm. I've been mostly awake for going on 72 hours now, and it wasn't actually all that bad. I think I hit a wall after the first 24, but was rejuvenated spending my afternoon with Viv, and felt pretty human still by the time I got to work this afternoon. Huh. Maybe sleep is overrated.

I'm still working on pics and stuff, but in the meantime, here's a video of a sea turtle frolicking in the surf at Poipu Beach Park, sunset on Thursday I think it was. My dad insists the turtle must have been feeding on something, but I still say it was having a grand old time bodysurfing! Oh turtles- they wanna have fu-un, oh turtles just wanna have fun...

No comments: