Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dog Racing

In spite of the fact that I did not win a single bet I placed-- seriously, how can you lose on Tinky Terror-- I had a great time! I met a lot of new people, who were all extremely nice and a lot of fun. Plus I may have made some useful connections with regard to my job search. It was a really interesting experience. People turned up in suits and dresses, and there were private boxes and champagne for the posh element-- those people who were dog owners or connected to dog owners I guess. And then there were the rest of us, who bought round after round of Smirnoff Ice or shandies or beer, and crowded round the rails screaming out names and numbers as the dogs raced by. There were a lot of obscenities flying around, though I don't think any turned up on the video, they're kind of lost in the roar.

No comments: