Monday, July 24, 2006

Run London

So Brokeback Britain was a good comedy show, they zinged everything from council tax to customer service to trying to get a permit for parking a car to the dating scene. I've decided I can't actually share some more snippets- or rather, won't share- because it just won't do it any justice on this blog, you had to be there. Oh, and they also went after all the British men who take their shirts off (and sometimes a lot more, you might see them in just skivvies in the park) for the slightest patch of sun...it still boggles my mind because you don't see that in the US, or apparently in Australia, unless you're at a pool or a beach town. But these guys are walkin' around London, burnt bright red with beer bellies hangin' out.

I've gone and done it now...housemate Nicole told me she and Dave had signed up for a 10K race in London in October. It's called Run London, it's for charity, and I've signed up now as well. As soon as it cools down a bit more, it's time to lace up my runnin' shoes again. It'll be a good indicator for me too-- I was offered the idea of running a half marathon awhile ago and turned it down cold, mainly because of my hips. But they haven't been bothering me for some time, and I think I've maybe been selling myself short. I'm a sporty person, and a half marathon might just be a great challenge. I have plenty of time to train, both for endurance and strength. So I'll do the 10K first, and go from there. Rather exciting!

No comments: