Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ramblings

To take stock, I am browner than usual (can't remember well enough whether this is a deeper tan than the last summer I lifeguarded), and I am stuck in Newark airport for the day. I use the word tan loosely, by the way, as I'm not tan by average standards. I had to leave Kauai on Saturday at 1:40pm, landed in San Fran just in time to start boarding for my 11pm red-eye flight to Newark. Landed here at 7am this (Sunday) morning, but was unable to collect my baggage in time to try and get onto the 8am flight to the UK, for which check-in closed at 7:20am. My ticket is for the 9pm flight tonight, but I figured it was worth a try for the morning flight. So I've crossed lord knows how many times zones at this point, with more to come before I land at Heathrow on Monday morning. I think it's about 4:30am in Kauai, 10:30am here. It was odd being in Kauai and realizing that in the UK, they were 11 hours ahead of me. So at 8am there, it was already 7pm in the UK. Or, even stranger, at 8pm in Kauai, it was already 7am of the next day in the UK. At this point in time, I don't think my body has any clue what time it is, whether I'm hungry, or even whether I'm tired or just on the verge of a monster headache. I think it might have been worth getting a hotel room for the day, or a car rental, in which case I could have just gone to my parent's house for 8 or 9 hours, but my head's a bit too fuzzy to sort out the logistics. Too bad I didn't think of that idea a couple of weeks ago.

I have two stories I think I'll write about, maybe later today, who knows, only two because I realize I've gone on and on in the past about my adventures, which may or may not have been interesting. And I have some great pics as well... not too many with people in them unfortunately, I guess we got carried away with the scenery...but I'll try to be selective with the pictures as well. Oh, and I may be changing my blog hosting site, but will let you know if I do. I'm not sure I can take this all day, so I think I'll go see a man about a car. Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully it will be reasonable rates.

No comments: