Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wales

Hee hee, I have a flip flop tan, which I don't believe I've had since I was a lifeguard. Combo of all my holidays from Italy onward and sitting outside fairly often for lunch I guess. The lines will probably be very distinct by the time I get back from Turkey!

So I am in the middle of planning a trip to the Gower, near Swansea in Wales. I believe I'll probably go the weekend of August 19th. I got the recommendation from Rob and Nicole, well, Rob really I guess since he went to uni at Swansea. Though it's not particularly cost efficient, I had mentioned to them I was thinking of taking a trip on my own for one of the 2 free weekends I have in August. I thought about Cornwall but it's apparently a 5-hour trip, and between petrol and B&B and spending money, I figured that was too expensive. The Gower is closer, and I'm quite excited about going to Wales actually, since I've only ever been to Cardiff. I have heard it is beautiful countryside. I've looked up rental cars on the easyjet site, and B&B prices too, and was pleasantly surprised- it'll be at least double what I normally spend on a weekend going out, but manageable. Besides, it's payday today, and I'm feeling rather flush with cash since I didn't spend much a'tall during July whilst I was on vacation with the fam. Regardless, I'm thrilled with the idea of my own Welsh adventure, especially since it involves driving!! I'm already putting together an Ipod driving playlist ;)

Right, I'm off for my monthly all-afternoon Basic Grade meeting. Ciao for now...

No comments: