Wednesday, February 01, 2006

You know you're from MA when...

I got this forward from my Jenn today, and I laughed my butt off...my co-workers thought I'd "gone round the bend" since they initially had no idea what I was laughing about. And they thought the same after they saw the email, since none of them have lived in Massachusetts and so didn't really get some of items on the list. When I first moved to Massachusetts, a lot of things were frustrating, such as how everyone uses Dunkin Donuts as a landmark when giving directions, even though there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner! But by the time I'd been there about a year, I was doing the same...so here are a few choice picks from the list:

You know you're from MA when...

1...there are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 5 miles of your house, and that is how you give directions.

2...53 degrees is on the "warm side". (The college undergrads all wear flip-flops at 30 or above)

3...you can use the words "wicked," "pissa," and "good" all in the same sentence. (I don't know, this might be true in the UK as well, if I remember correctly.)

4...if you stay on the same road long enough, it has up to 10 different names.

5...you can navigate a rotary without a problem. (This I don't agree with, MA drivers are the worst in the world, and have NO idea how to use a rotary, since I have driven in the UK and see/learned how rotaries should be used.)

6...a water fountain is called a "bubbla".

Hope you enjoy, these certainly made my day after a difficult morning (emotionally) with one of my patients. Oh, and happy February everyone! Any predictions for Punksatawny Phil tomorrow, by the way?

No comments: