Friday, February 03, 2006

Trashy TV

Just a little addition to yesterday's post...I will certainly not miss the married housekeeping staff making comments about how I look good in my jeans, and taking my cell phone number from the rehab office emergency contact list and starting to send me text messages/call me. And also, for one reason or another which is not my place to publicize, my two favorite nurses are leaving, one quite suddenly yesterday, and one told me today she was leaving. Aside from group therapy this morning, where all the therapists were in the mood to dance today and Rhonda and I were in rare form for "Proud Mary," it was a pretty sad day.

I was supposed to meet Jenn at Clydz in New Brunswick tonight - I cannot leave NJ without a parting trip to the best martini bar in the whole wide world. The fact that there is always one good-looking bartender is actually beside the point, once you get lost in their list of what seems like 100 martinis. I suppose the sour apple martini will always be one of my favorites, but of late I'm quite taken with a martini called "For A Good Time Call... " And if that weren't enough, they also make the best mojitos I have ever tasted. The little bar is below street level, very cozy, with a small fireplace, and I love it! Unfortunately, we did not make it there tonight, but Jenn & I decided that next week we will have a Clydz and Makedas night (Makedas being a fabulous Ethiopian restaurant a block or so down from Clydz) which spells trouble between the martinis at Clydz and the Tej at Makedas... might need to call in her boyfriend Chris at the end of the night as a designated driver. "Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool!"

But tonight, Jenn was just getting over a migraine from earlier in the day, so I went to her condo, and we watched trashy TV. Which I pretty much never do...The trouble with trashy TV is that it's like a train wreck...you can't look away! As awful as it is, you get sucked in, and you find yourself talking to/yelling at the TV. Tonight on MTV we watched girls compete to be the most like Hillary Duff so that they could be picked as the winner by some random guy, and thereby be "His Own Hillary Duff." And then we watched a former member of the very short-lived boy band O-Town and his current mess of a life. The format of the show is awful where every so often the background is freeze-framed, and the guy kind of steps out to make monologues to the camera. Oh, the horror! Eventually we found our way to Will & Grace, and sanity again.

I guess I'd better be off to bed as I do have one more day of work tomorrow, but in case some of you didn't hear, Punksatawny Phil did see his shadow today, surprise, surprise, it was warm and sunny...as long as there's no snow headed this way around Feb 19, I have no problem with 6 more weeks of winter. :)

No comments: