Saturday, February 04, 2006

How many hours are in two weeks?

Now that I've had my last day of work, things seem to be picking up pace for my departure. I'm trying to sell my truck through ebay before selling it for below Blue Book value to a reseller. I've ordered a UK SIM card, which should be here by the middle of next week, so I will have a UK mobile phone number to give you all before I leave. And I'm working on packing...trying to decide whether to leave suitcases for my parents to bring in April and/or Viv to bring in March - she did volunteer to bring as many of my shoes as she could in one suitcase...thanks a lot, Viv, very funny. You should talk. And I also need to figure out how to get my reference textbooks over - they are really heavy, so I don't really want to take them myself and use up my luggage weight allowance. I could send them by boat, which would take a few months , but that's still fairly expensive, and I think I will need them before they would arrive. Hmmm. I might have to suck up taking on the weight of a choice few in my luggage that will go with me on the plane in two weeks. In addition, I had promised my parents I would sort through all of my junk in their basement before I left, some of the boxes being from grade school I think! No one is betting on me completing that task in time, I don't think.

Oh, and I'm trying to finish up my 10 AMPS test cases, so that I will be officially calibrated as an AMPS administrator, and be able to use the tool at Whipps Cross with my patients. I guess I need to turn to friends and family at this point, given that I'm no longer working, and only managed 6 test cases before my last day.

Totally unrelated to everything I'm trying to squish into two weeks, I've noticed that blogger is archiving my posts now. If I've referred back to a post that you can't find by scrolling down, check out the sidebar and click on January 2005 for archived posts. And since it seems to be a little boring when too many posts go by without pictures, I've added several this morning. Happy browsing...

No comments: