Saturday, February 18, 2006

Little things

With a little more than 24 hours to go until my flight and my grand British adventure (sounds like half of a Wallace and Gromit title), I find myself short on time and immensely happy over the smallest things.  For instance, I shrunk my duvet with a vacuum storage bag and stuck it in one of my suitcases.  I am currently working on getting my room into guest bedroom condition, and thus went looking for a duvet we had stored in the linen closet to go with the new duvet cover that was bought on sale for $7.99 (unbelievable, right?).  The duvet was found in a vacuum storage bag that no longer had the air sucked out of it (uh-oh, not good news for my suitcases if those storage bags re-inflate themselves mid air or something!), and as I was stuffing it into the new cover, I noticed the tag in the corner.  The duvet was made in Norway but sold by the House of Fraser, a UK department store…how’s that for poetic justice?  And no, I realize that’s not the phrase I want, but I’m drawing a blank here, my brain is just a tad bit fried.  That duvet must have made the move with my parents when they came back to the States in April 2000 after four years in England.

I’ve also got a sort of fuzzy feeling about the scratch on my hand from wrestling with the cat this morning, given that there won’t be any more wrestling matches for a while.  I think she knows I’m leaving too; she seems to be a bit upset with me.

And then there was my mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows this morning…definitely bliss in a cup.  That, along with a woodstove fire, and no reason to venture out into the frigid wind chilled air today, makes for a pretty happy camper!

No comments: