Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines

So I had two Dove dark chocolate heart-shaped promises today…the first message said “There’s no excuse not to dream” and the second one said “Celebrate family and friends.” Awwwww.

Things are chugging along. I think I’ve repacked my suitcases 3 times already, and still haven’t got it quite right. I had a call from my agent this morning, and my housing situation has changed yet again. I will now be living in a house in Leytonstone, with another American OT (who has been working at Whipps Cross for over a year), an American special ed teacher, and I think one other person. So I will definitely have kitchen, living room, bathroom, laundry, although I forgot to ask about internet. I've sent out an email to everyone with the contact info!

Of course, tons of links to various Valentines Day sites popped up on my homepage this morning (cough, cough-procrastination-cough). I browsed through the History Channel web site and learned there are three possible St. Valentines, and it can’t be determined which one is the “real” one. My eye was caught by a Valentines gift/flower site because the name is pookiesgiftbaskets.com, as well as one advertising singing Valentines…what a fabulous way to embarrass your significant other by sending one of those to their workplace!!

By the way, for any of you not watching, team USA is doing pretty well in Torino, going 1-2 in the Men’s Half Pipe competition (the “Flying Tomato” took the gold), 1-2 in the Women’s Half Pipe competition, and 2 golds in men’s speed skating as well. And I must say, I think I have a new crush on Joey Cheek from NC, who won the 500 meter sprint in speed skating!

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone, whatever it means to each of you. Love, Allison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Reading your blog is a great break for me. I enjoy it.

Do you have an agent, as in someone who does your bidding for you? As a celebrity has?

How do I go about getting one? I would like that.

Aunt Sue