Monday, February 13, 2006

Walkin' in a winter wonderland

It’s a winter wonderland out there! Although it’s melting fast…

This morning I paid my fees to be on the OT register through end of October 2007. And a couple of hours later, I was able to look myself up on the Register online and retrieve my registration number OT46551, very cool.

A couple of random culinary notes from this past week:
  • Don’t make moussaka without the crust and sauce, it just isn’t the same, no matter how good the recipe promises it will turn out to be.

  • Pink Ladys, though very tasty on their own, are not all that great for making applesauce. I’ve had better luck with Braeburns.

  • You can make a delicious white lasagna (I made one without any meat since Tress was coming home) with your basic roué (flour and milk), garlic, salt & pepper.

I suppose it’s appropriate to start a countdown at this point: counting today, 7 DAYS until my flight late Sunday evening.

No comments: