Tuesday, October 10, 2006

West End

Yay!! I think the 5-pound West End ticket offers season is starting up again...there weren't really any over the summer. But tonight, we're going to see Canterbury Tales by the same theatre company who put on The Complete Works of Shakespeare in 90 Minutes. I had my 15 minutes of fame last time I saw this company perform the play I just mentioned. It was on a winter break during college, and I had come "home" to England where my parents were living at the time. My aunt, uncle, two cousins and their wives had also come over for the holidays, so my parents got tickets for all of us, having seen the show already themselves. They specifically asked for certain seats in certain rows, knowing that the cast would call some of us up on stage. I was one of the lucky few, and received some on-the-spot direction as Ophelia in front of a packed house. Good thing I did so much theatre in high school, or I think I might have frozen on stage. But it was seriously good fun!! So I'm expecting a very good show tonight. And hopefully, there will be lots more plays to see for a fiver over the winter.

No comments: