Monday, October 16, 2006

I'll let you know when I know

There are no official results, yet, for those of you who have been asking. We all carried around cards that we had to have stamped at each pub, to provide evidence that we'd been there and had a drink. I checked out the web site today, and the organizer had an announcement that he's waiting until this Friday to do the final tally to make sure that all the cards are in (with a little message to those who forgot to hand it in to get it in the post and to him by Friday). I am back in action, having had a rough Sunday, go figure. For some reason, my parents found this funny.

Little story: For New Year's Eve, during my senior year at college, they took me, my boyfriend of the time, my sister, and her friend to Edinburgh for Hogmanay. (The BEST New Year's I've had thus far in my life, by the way, totally worth it!!) Due to various reasons (12% cider, a friendly Scottish couple who kept feeding us rum and coke during the concert, etc), I was much the worse for the wear on New Year's Day. Unfortunately, we were driving home (to Bagshot) that day, and I was moaning and groaning with a plastic bag in hand as we went round umpteen roundabouts, Tressa too, as I recall. And my parents found this hysterical. Cheers, mum and dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all this time I thought that I held looser reigns on my kids than my sister. hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oops that last comment was from me, Aunt Sue