Monday, October 09, 2006

A small deviation from the routine

It's funny how we make assumptions, even little ones, on a daily basis. Like me this morning for instance. I never think I'm going to run into anyone I know on the Leytonstone high street, mainly due to the fact that in the seven months I've been living here, I've never randomly encountered a friend or colleague. So this morning, as I'm walking up the high street, lost in my thoughts, I pretty much screened out all the noise as usual. There was a very loud honk directly across the street from me, but I ignored it, since there are people honking all the time, it's just part of what you have to put up with, living on a busy road. The honk sounded across the road again, and this time I looked...as it turned out, it was my friend Andi, another OT who now works off site at an intermediate care facility. But she happened to be driving to the hospital today to get some bloodwork done, and saw me walking, and thought she'd give me a lift.

Anyway, a little factoid for you: This past summer was the warmest the UK has had in 234 years, which is the amount of time for which they have been keeping records of such things. So basically this summer had the hottest average temp in recorded UK weather history. And September was the warmest September that anyone can remember too-- I must say, it was really nice. October has been somewhat gray thus far, but still, fairly warm...

No comments: