Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An unexpected encounter

Still feeling very krappy with my cold, so this'll be a short post. I did go to work today, I still seem to have my stupid American work ethic of not feeling I should stay home for a mere cold or flu, so I stuffed my backpack with meds and off I went. My supervisor let me go home about half an hour early, and wouldn't you know it, I ran into the Head OT on the High Street with her whole family...she happily introduced me to her husband, her sister and her children. She inquired about the stroke unit, and I told her I'm loving it and learning a lot. Meanwhile throughout the whole 2 minute encounter, I was hoping she didn't realize what time it was, and I kept wanting to blurt out that I was legitimately leaving work early with my supervisor's blessing. I didn't, but it was just ironic, since this is only the second time I've ever seen someone I know on the High Street.

Anywho, here's a cool link, it will generate a slogan for any word you input, including your name. One of my favorites: "Just what the Allison ordered." Or, "Smart. Beautiful. Allison." Or "Happiness is Allison-Shaped." Or "Behold the Power of Allison." Heehee. Ok, ok, I'm getting carried away, give me a break, I'm sick. You may not recognize all the slogans your chosen word is inserted into, it's a UK site, but a lot of them are slogans that have been used in the US too.

No comments: