Friday, May 05, 2006

Well, I feel sheepish...

I probably won't get a chance to write again before Sunday, but I do have time now while I'm "working" at the hospital, go figure. So tonight, party, tomorrow, find the Sultan's elephant, and then head out to spend the night in Twyford with Kelly.

Our party tonight is expanding, which turned into a very embarrassing situation for me...Nicole added one or two people from work to the evite (the only ones she had email addresses for, basically). As she doesn't work on site (she's at a facility for kids) and although I am on site, I am not the main dept, neither of us were spreading the word around. Well, that and when we first started planning this, we talked about inviting maybe 3-4 people each. But the people Nicole had sent the invite too have evidently been talking it up in the main dept. Ann (my supervisor) came back from a meeting with the Head OT today to ask why didn't she know that we were having a party? And all of a sudden, all of the nursing staff were all ears as well! I blushed bright red as I stumbled over excuses about it being a "test" party and how we have a small house, etc etc. The heckling went on, as I believe everyone has caught on at this point that it's very easy to get my goat, and though I don't think anyone's feelings were truly hurt, I felt/feel awful. So I've promised to invite everyone to the next one. But notwithstanding all of that, there are more OTs coming than we had realized. So I'm picking up more alcohol on the way home...as well as candy for our pinata, Bob's your uncle!

Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone, and happy Friday! Ole!

No comments: